Monday 17 August 2015

Canvas in blue

This was made for Carmen, my sister-in-law and friend. For her 30th, I created a canvas showcasing her amazing ballet skills. Lots of texture and embellishments.


The texture was created using tissue paper and soft matte gel (Prima). After putting a layer of gesso on, I added colour with a few sprays (Lindy Stamp Gang).


The flowers were off-white to begin with - they too were gessoed and misted.


Various embellishments were added - I added some highlights using clear gesso and Color Bloom sprays (Prima).

  

I love the texture the tissue paper produces. You can layer to create as little or as much texture as you like and the sprays can be pooled the recesses of some areas for added interest.


Thanks for looking and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment